Reiki is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Energy, an energy that is around us and is also a part of us. It is an energy healing modality, which originated from Japan in 1920s.
In essence, Reiki healers channel this Universal Life Energy through them, and into others, with the intention of awakening the natural healing abilities that we all possess.
Jikiden Reiki (直傳靈氣) meaning ‘The Direct Teaching of Spiritual Energy’ is the name given to the original system taught by Dr. Chujiro Hayashi, and founded by Mrs. Chiyoko Yamaguchi and her son, Mr Tadao Yamaguchi. Its roots go back almost to the discovery of Reiki itself. Many of those who practice this form have noticed a real difference in the feel and intensity of the Reiki energy that they channel.
The Jikiden Reiki, considered the original Usui Reiki (as it is practiced and taught in Japan, without external influences), is fundamentally:
- Free of western influences
- A relaxing therapy with a history of success with chronic illness
- Clear history of being safe and effective
- Simple, non-religious therapeutic treatment that is non invasive
- Includes all ideas and methods not previously taught in the west
Read my post on Sekhem Seichim Reiki.