If you struggle to drink enough water every day, rest assured we are many! As based on my clientele (a scientifically unrepresentative sample, but still), it seems that women are more affected, and many women have an empty Bladder meridian.
Water is essential.
- Our body is 70% water. One can survive for weeks without food, but cannot survive more than three days without water.
- Water helps eliminate toxins and cleanses us. This is particularly obvious after receiving a therapeutic bodywork session: we have an irresistible urge to urinate (sometimes during the session!). Our bladder filled with all the toxins released by the treatment.
- Finally, according to the theory of the Five elements, water is associated with the Kidney meridian (and his partner the Bladder meridian). The kidney meridian is the vital energy seat . Rest and sleep are associated with water. In order to rest our subtle bodies (aura), it is important to drink water.
Do tea, herbal tea, coffee, fruit juice, soda count? The answer is simple: would you take a shower with orange juice or cappuccino? No!
How can I bring myself to drink more water?
- 1st tip: Every time you urinate, get into the habit to immediately drink water (the equivalent of what you just lost, or one glass.
- 2nd tip: Set an alarm on your mobile phone/PC/clock/watch to ring every hour. When it rings, drink a glass of water.
- 3rd tip: When you catch yourself thinking “How about I drink a second Coke, it will do”, immediately ask yourself this question:” Would I wash my windows with this drink? ” or “Would I take a bath in this liquid?” If the answer is no, it does not count as water!